A consumer survey of cosmetics buyers
In its cyclical survey, PMR' researchers conducted a consumer survey (B2C) on the shopping behaviours in the area of cosmetics. 600 CATI interviews (computer-assisted telephone interviews) were conducted on a representative group of adult inhabitants of Poland. The study included consumers who bought at least one cosmetic product within the month before the survey.
The consumer survey (B2C) covered the following issues:
- preferred shopping places, along with the criteria of choice
- shopping habits and new trends in the area of cosmetic purchases
- preferred forms of promotion in the area of cosmetics
- non-cosmetic purchases in health and beauty stores
- the popularity of dermocosmetics
- the appeal of own brand cosmetics offered in cosmetic stores as well as health and beauty stores
- the average monthly expenditure on cosmetics
- the price level for the most frequently purchased cosmetics (by category).
Value for the client
The obtained results allowed us to identify the criteria which influence the consumers when they choose the place of buying cosmetics. According to the research, the most popular place for cosmetic purchases is health and beauty stores, while large area stores – discount stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets - are in second place. The report also covers the non-traditional channels for the distribution of cosmetics (i.e. consultants representing cosmetics companies, the Internet).
The report describes the shopping habits in the area of cosmetics purchases, as well as the consumers’ preferred forms of promoting cosmetic products. The report provides also information on the increasingly popular dermocosmetics, as well as on the average monthly spending on cosmetic purchases and the average level of spending on the most frequently bought products in a given category.
The collected data provided the basis for a PMR report "Retail market of cosmetics in Poland. Market analysis and development forecasts".
- Barbecuing habits in Poland – a nationwide survey
- Nationwide face-to-face study in Poland on private labels
- Brand image research project - pharmaceuticals sector
- Online retail market in Poland
- Grocery retail market in Poland
- HoReCa market in Poland