Treatment methods applied to patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer in Poland
Oncology treatment methods
The purpose of the project was to identify treatment methods and algorithms applied by Polish clinical oncologists to patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. As part of the project also the availability and application of modern drug treatments for patients with this type of lung cancer were examined. Moreover, the availability and types of the biomarker tests applied were analysed. The research project was part of an international study covering several countries worldwide.
In accordance with the client's guidelines we carried out a number of in-depth telephone interviews with oncologists dealing with patients suffering from lung cancer. During the interviews the following issues, among others, were discussed:
- Patient assessment and diagnosis methods,
- Biomarker test use,
- Methods of selecting treatment for patients,
- Maintenance treatment of lung cancer patients.
Value for the client
The research provided the client with data on the methods of treatment of patients with non-small-cell lung cancer, available treatments and barriers in applying some of them. The information obtained in this way will enable the client to adapt its products to the doctors' expectations and to the healthcare financing system in the countries examined.
- Diagnosing the population of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and the manner of their treatment in Poland and in the Czech Republic
- Paediatric vaccines – pre-market launch study and product concept test
- Advantages and disadvantages of drug-eluting stents – interviews with cardiologists in Poland
- Generics and innovative drugs market in Poland
- Non-public hospitals market in Poland
- Medical devices market in Poland