Advantages and disadvantages of drug-eluting stents – interviews with cardiologists in Poland
The purpose of the project was to identify the advantages and disadvantages of metallic stents and drug-eluting stents used by Polish interventional cardiologists in coronary angioplasty. The client needed information on the cardiologists' assessment of the functionality of several stents made by various manufacturers. The research project was part of an international study covering several countries worldwide.
In accordance with the client's guidelines we performed a number of in-depth telephone interviews with cardiologists having vast experience in stent implementation. During the interviews the following issues, among others, were discussed:
- stent design attributes,
- stent design faults,
- detailed cases of stent implementation.
Value for the client
The research provided the client with the cardiologists’' opinions on the stents which they use. The information obtained in this way will enable the client to adapt its products to the cardiologists' expectations and to minimise the potential design faults of these products.
- Paediatric vaccines – pre-market launch study and product concept test
- Test marketing of drug treatments for patients with multiple myeloma in Poland
- Atherosclerosis - on-line survey among specialists in Poland
- Non-public hospitals market in Poland
- Medical devices market in Poland
- Dietary supplements market in Poland