In-depth interviews with physycians in Czech republic in field of orphan drugs
PMR Consulting & Research’s regular client – international pharmaceutical company – specializing in development of innovative lifesaving therapies requested us for research support in Czech Republic. They wanted to obtain feedback from physicians specializing in a very narrow niche related to client’s product dedicated for a very rare disease. The project objective was to map regular patient path, understand current approach towards disease treatment, assess availability of client’s therapy to the patient, verify available reimbursement status and identify any usage barriers.
As a core activity in the project PMR team has executed a range of in-depht interviews (IDIs). It is important to mention that in Czech Republic there are no official statistics regarding particular epidemiology and details of entities specializing in treatment of this particular disease. Therefore respondents identification has been a challenge itself. Due to good market and client business need understanding, experience on Czech market as well as strong recruiters team we have been able to reach relevant respondents critical for this project. Furthermore, interviews have been executed by experienced moderators who are not only very qualified interviewers but have extensive healthcare system knowledge and have been able to deepen the most interesting and relevant areas from client’s perspective during conversation.
Value for the client
PMR Consulting & Research provided the client with a complex report containing details such as:
- Locations and structure of treatment centers
- Logic of patient flow
- Current drug usage
- Potential market barriers
- Optimizing the positioning strategy of a new product in the pharmaceutical market
- Cancer treatment approach in the Czech Republic, Russia and Slovakia
- Diagnosing the population of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and the manner of their treatment in Poland and in the Czech Republic
- Public and non-public hospital market in Poland
- OTC market in Poland
- Private healthcare market in Poland