Fresh pasta in Poland: quantitative consumer survey
An Italian manufacturer of pasta introduced a line of their products into the Polish market. The company wanted to gain a better understanding of the purchasing motivators and barriers of Polish consumers, with strong emphasis on the following questions:
● What are the preferences and behaviors of consumers regarding fresh pasta?
● What are the key factors and barriers when it comes to purchasing the client’s products?
● What are the preferences towards packaging and what are the price perceptions?
In order to meet the client’s business needs fully, the PMR team conducted a quantitative CAWI survey with consumers who have purchased the client’s products in the past few months. The project turned out to be a big challenge, because our client’s fresh pasta is currently available only in one retail network in Poland. Furthermore, fresh pasta with filling is a product category which appeared on the Polish market only recently, and is facing stiff competition from traditional Polish dumplings (“pierogi”). However, despite those challenges, our experience in recruiting challenging groups of respondents allowed us to complete the project successfully and in less time than originally expected.
Value for the client
As a result of the study, the client received a report showing the relationships between various, seemingly unrelated factors. We also included detailed recommendations broken down into the 4 Ps of the marketing mix – product, promotion, price and place.
We concluded the project with a day-long workshop with the client, during which we thoroughly discussed both the study’s findings, and steps the client should take in order to adjust their offer to the preferences of the Polish consumer.
- Brand awareness testing for apparel brand
- Customer flow observation in restaurants
- Grocery superstores in Poland: catchment area study
- Private label retail market in Poland
- Wholesale market of groceries and cosmetics in Poland
- Food to Go retail market in Poland