Understanding the Polish premium hard cheese market
Production of dairy products
Our client, an international manufacturer and distributor of premium hard cheese needed some insights on the Polish market of premium cheese. Although they have been distributing their products in the market for quite a while, they felt that they could achieve more in the market having relevant data-driven information on how the market works and what Polish consumers think about the segment and about the client’s products.
The project set-up included complementary qualitative and quantitative methods.
The focus groups helped to see what Polish consumers think about the client’s product, how they categorize products in the premium segment, and what the purchase decision making process looks like. An important part of the session was also a product test and brand concept test to check if they match each other as well as Polish consumers’ needs.
The quantitative part (face-to-face interviews with the target group) helped us to understand the position of our client’s brand against the competition and quantify key consumer behavior to get more insight into market potential and acceptable pricing.
Value for the client
The research findings covered:
● perception of the product category
● product type and brand awareness
● purchase & usage behavior
● purchase drivers and barriers
● results of product and brand concept assessment
The client received a set of valuable recommendations regarding the marketing of their products, taking into account local Polish conditions, preferences and client perception, which turned out to be different to other markets where the products are being successfully marketed.
- New tobacco product in the Polish market: concept testing.
- Discount clothing in Poland: qualitative analysis
- Sports clothing and footwear brand position: interviews and observation
- Home furnishings, equipment and DIY retail in Poland
- Private label in Poland
- Children's products market in Poland