Sausages - taste test and packaging concept test
Trade and service
Before introducing his new product into the market our client wished to discover how these new sausages are received by Polish consumers, particularly in terms of taste, packaging and price. To obtain the information PMR proposed to conduct taste test and packaging concept test.
The aim of the research was widely defined and it included:
- sensory evaluation of the product
- characteristics of shopping habits in the context of sausages
- alternative packaging positioning and perception of the product in terms of packaging
- determining the acceptable price range
- price flexibility analysis.
The research was conducted using the CATI technique (computer-assisted telephone interviews) and it took the form of Central Location Tests (CLT) in three major cities in Poland. The research was conducted among respondents from the target group for the tested products.
The questionnaire was designed to enable precise illustration of shopping habits among demographicly differentiated respondents.
Taste tests were carried out using the sequential-monadic test methodology. More information about the sequential-monadic test technique, as well as Central Location Tests in general can be found on our website. Click here to learn more.
The module of price analyses was based on Price Sensitivity Meter (PSM) and modified Juster’s Purchase Probability Scale.
Value for the client
As a result of the study our client received a report containing detailed analyses of the findings in the taste and price flexibility tests as well as indications for the acceptable price range for the target group. The report was supplemeted with recommendations allowing our client to evaluate the efficacy of marketing strategy as well as to design effective selling strategies, basing on the results of the research.
- Supporting the expansion of a discount clothing chain in Poland: store check study
- Quantitative study of beer consumers in Poland using innovative immersion sessions
- Polish consumers and washing detergents – target group study before launching a new product into the Polish market
- Online retail market in Poland
- Grocery retail market in Poland
- HoReCa market in Poland