HoReCa market in Poland
Research PMRes conducted for the fourth time a survey of the Polish HoReCa market. The results are part of a larger report: "HoReCa market in Poland. Market analysis and development forecasts". This particular study examines the restaurant industry (Re), a segment of HoReCa.
The survey provides detailed information on two elements of the restaurant segment: product and service suppliers as well as their consumers. Our analysis was built on two components:
1. B2B survey of restaurant managers in Poland
2. B2C survey of the behaviour and preferences of consumers who dine out.
The B2B study covered restaurants in six categories:
- hotel restaurant
- fast food restaurant
Value for the client
Results of the surveys followed by PMR experts' analysis allows to:
- describe the characteristics and offers of restaurants found in Poland
- determine the levels of their sales revenues
- assess the situation on the restaurant market
- estimate forecasts of the restaurant industry
- detail the costs related to the activity
- gain understanding of the issues related to alcohol consumption.
One in three consumers (31%) uses restaurant services at least once a week, the results show. People eat out when socialising, when meeting with friends, and – rarely – for special occasions. What this tells us, that the habits of Polish consumers in this area are changing. In Poland, people typically order alcohol with their meals, as 51% of the respondents indicated. Beer is a common choice (55% of the respondents), followed by wine (34%) and vodka or vodka drinks (10%). Just 1% of the respondents choose other alcohols such as vermouths or liqueurs.
Polish restaurants offer food and drink based mainly on traditional Polish cuisine (46%) and fast food (20%), the B2B research shows. The offer reflects consumer statements regarding the dishes they will most likely order from the menu.
- The Polish market of sandwich and salad bars
- FGIs on ethnic food
- Internet use among HoReCa representatives - qualitative research
- Clothing and footwear retail market in Poland
- HoReCa market in Poland
- Retail market of cosmetics in Poland